COME SEE "THE GOOD OLD BOYS" KARAOKE AT HART'S DURING THE TRAIL OF TEARS!!
The 19th Annual Trail of Tears Commemorative Motorcycle Ride and Pow-Wow will take place on the weekend of September 14-15-16th, 2011 with the end of the Alabama ride in Waterloo, Alabama. The ride is in honor of those Native Americans who were forced by the Indian Removal Act of 1830 to leave their homes and be "relocated" in Oklahoma. Their journey is known as the "Trail of Tears.
Each year thousands of people from all over the country gather to journey by motorcycle along the original Drane-Hood Trail from Ross' Landing in Chattanooga, Tn. to Waterloo, Al. The actual ride will be on Saturday, September 15th, 2011, but Waterloo will host a three day Pow-Wow beginning Friday the 16th. American Indian Arts & Crafts, Food, Leather, and other vendors will begin to set up during the week preceding the ride. Live Bands, too! Of course, there is always fishing, boating, nature trails and pure relaxation on the lake at Hart Park - the closest campground to the Trail of Tears activities with hot showers, hook-ups or tent camping.
Here's the information on our campsites and reservations:
- Tent camping is $5.55 per person per day, reservations are accepted with no minimum stay.
- Hook Up sites with water and electricity may be reserved for a minimum period of One Week, $116.65 for the site and up to two people, additional persons $5.55 per person per day.This guarantees your site will be available for you upon your arrival; the reservation cost of $116.55 will cover the site and up to 2 people for up to one week. Come early and stay late!
- Group reservations Accepted.
- Reservations are accepted with payment in full in advance. Please note that we do NOT give refunds.
- We accept cash, checks, and credit cards through Paypal.
- Complimentary coffee Saturday & Sunday mornings at the Pavillion.
- We do have a Bathhouse with HOT SHOWERS, available to non-campers and vendors for $5.00 per person (complimentary coffee included).
- For the safety of our tent campers, ALL vehicles in the tent camping area other than motorcycles should be moved to the parking lot by 10:00 a.m. Saturday morning. Any vehicles which are not moved will be charged $10.00.
- Wristbands will be issued upon arrival and payment and MUST be worn unless you want to be charged twice!
- All Guests will be charged a $5.00 per person per day entrance fee and a Guest wristband will be issued. Because of the size of this event, we try to insure that our amenities and space be utilized only by our paid campers and paid guests.
- Pavillion available for reservation to Vendors or groups (elecric included). Great place for Food Vendors!
- Bandstand available for karaoke, bands, and guitar pickers! This year, we're pleased to have "The Good Old Boys" who will play Saturday and possibly Friday. Join us for Karaoke!!
Contact us for reservations or more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 256-768-1555 . Please leave a message when you call and we will get back with you. The best time to reach us is between 8-10am and 8-10pm.
We hope that everyone who joins the ride has a safe and enjoyable trip. We want you to enjoy your stay at our campground; we are a more family oriented campground and we want ALL our campers to be happy!